Your decisions are only as good as your data
If you rely on soil moisture data to make decisions, understand treatment effects, or make predictions, then you need that data to be accurate and reliable. But even one small oversight, such as poor installation, can compromise accuracy by up to +/-10%. How can you ensure your data represent what’s really happening at your site?
Best practices you need to know
Over the past 10 years, METER soil moisture expert Chris Chambers has pretty much seen it all. In this 30-minute webinar, he’ll discuss 6 common ways people unknowingly compromise their data and important best practices for higher-quality data that won’t cause you future headaches. Learn:
- Are you choosing the right type of sensor or measurement for your particular needs?
- Are you sampling in the right place?
- Why you must understand your soil type
- How to choose the right number of sensors to deal with variability
- At what depths you should install sensors
- Common installation mistakes and best practices
- Soil-specific calibration considerations
- How cable management can make or break a study
- Factors impacting soil moisture you should always record as metadata
- Choosing the right data management platform for your unique application