Effective Date 8/25/2017
Your privacy is important and we want you to understand the steps we take to protect it. This policy describes how we will collect, use, and store your personal information. We process personal data in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We at METER Group, Inc. (“METER”) do not share your personal information with third parties except in the limited circumstanced described in this policy.
You are not required to use the METER Group website to interact with METER. You may also communicate with us in person, by telephone, facsimile, or mail.
How and when we collect personal information
METER Group obtains personal data from our website, emails from you, registrations for events and other promotions, online forms, quote requests, and occasionally from other third parties. For the purposes of this Policy, “personal data” is defined as stated in the EU Directive 95/46 EC.
Information we collect
In addition to information you provide directly over the phone or in online forms, information can be collected when you interact with our website. This can include:
• your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address;
• your browser type and operating system;
• search terms that you use to reach the site;
• the web pages you were visiting immediately before and after you came to the site;
• dates and times of visits to the site;
• information on actions taken on the site (such as page views and site navigation patterns);
• amount of time spent viewing certain pages or screens;
• standard server log information;
• social actions taken with respect to the content on the site, including but not limited to Likes, Shares, Tweets, Retweets, Favorites and Pins on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest, etc.;
• advertisement interaction and viewing data, such as ad click-through rates and information about how many times you viewed a particular ad.
How we use your personal information
• To keep you posted on product training, webinars, firmware and software updates, product announcements, and upcoming events. You can opt out of receiving these communications at any time by updating your preferences or by clicking on the link included at the bottom of each email.
• To accept and process orders made via our online shop.
• To enable you to take part, if desired, in interactive offers (e.g. sending of newsletters) and for contests and promotions.
• To recognize and preventing technical security risks.
• To help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products. This may include our use of web-based analytical tools, such as Google Analytics, Live Chat, and other technologies. If we provide your information to vendors or contractors, who are only processing such information for us or at our direction, we will obtain assurances that they will safeguard it in accordance with this policy.
• To send important information about recalls, firmware or software updates, changes to terms and conditions, or updated policies. You will continue to receive these important transactional emails even if you have opted out of receiving other types of communication.
Third Party Websites
Because there is not yet a consensus on how companies should respond to web browser-based or other do-not-track (“DNT”) mechanisms, we do not currently respond to web browser-based DNT signals.
In the event METER Group goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of a portion of its assets, users’ personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
METER Group will not sell or share your personal information or disclose it to a non-agent third party unless required by law and/or when we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order, or a legal process served on METER Group. Like most companies, we use certain vendors and contractors (“agents”) to process information for us. Prior to providing such agents with personal information, we will obtain assurances that they will safeguard it in accordance with this policy.
If you participate in certain features of this website (e.g., sharing content), please note that any information you voluntarily disclose through use of these features becomes available to the public and/or to other users whom you have designated.
METER Group maintains safeguards to prevent unauthorized access to the user information we maintain. We recognize, however, that it may be impossible to prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use or disclose personal information. If you become aware of a security issue, please email us immediately. We will work with you to address the problem.
Disclaimer of Warranties/Limitation of Liability
This Website, and all content available on or accessed through this Website, is provided on an “as is” basis. METER Group, Inc. makes no warranties, representations or claims of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, any warranties, representations or claims of any kind concerning the accuracy or the timeliness of any content presented via this Website. Your use of this Website is at your own risk. METER Group, Inc. shall not be responsible for any errors or omissions in the content of this Website or for damages of any kind whatsoever arising from the use or performance of this Website under any circumstances.
© 2017 METER Group, Inc. All rights reserved. METER Group, Inc. claims a copyright in all proprietary and copyrightable text, graphics and computer code on this Website, the overall design of this Website, and the selection, arrangement and presentation of all materials on this Website to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
Contact and Questions
METER Group, Inc.
2365 N.E. Hopkins Court
Pullman, WA 99163