Listed below are a few examples of cited publications for the EC-5 water content sensor. This list is not exhaustive.
- Abdelkhalik, Abdelsattar, B. Pascual, I. Nájera, M. A. Domene, C. Baixauli, and N. Pascual-Seva. “Effects of deficit irrigation on the yield and irrigation water use efficiency of drip-irrigated sweet pepper (Capsicum annuum L.) under Mediterranean conditions.” Irrigation Science 38, no. 1 (2020): 89-104. (Article link).
- Auler, Priscila Ariane, Marcelo Nogueira do Amaral, Tatiana Rossatto, Rosane Lopez Crizel, Cristini Milech, Fabio Clasen Chaves, Gustavo Maia Souza, and Eugenia Jacira Bolacel Braga. “Metabolism of abscisic acid in two contrasting rice genotypes submitted to recurrent water deficit.” Physiologia Plantarum, 2020. (Article link).
- Baek, SangSoo, Mayzonee Ligaray, Yakov Pachepsky, Jong Ahn Chun, Kwang-Sik Yoon, Yongeun Park, and Kyung Hwa Cho. “Assessment of a green roof practice using the coupled SWMM and HYDRUS models.” Journal of Environmental Management 261 (2020): 109920. (Article link).
- Eriksen, Renée L., Neil D. Adhikari, and Beiquan Mou. “Comparative Photosynthesis Physiology of Cultivated and Wild Lettuce Under Control and Low‐Water Stress.” Crop Science (2020). (Article link).
- Ferrari, Renata C., Priscila P. Bittencourt, Maria A. Rodrigues, Jose J. Moreno‐Villena, Frederico RR Alves, Vinícius D. Gastaldi, Susanna F. Boxall et al. “C4 and crassulacean acid metabolism within a single leaf: deciphering key components behind a rare photosynthetic adaptation.” New Phytologist 225, no. 4 (2020): 1699-1714. (Article link).
- Fontanet, Mireia, Elia Scudiero, Todd H. Skaggs, Daniel Fernàndez-Garcia, Francesc Ferrer, Gema Rodrigo, and Joaquim Bellvert. “Dynamic Management Zones for Irrigation Scheduling.” Agricultural Water Management 238 (2020): 106207. (Article link).
- Hamada, Kosuke, Hisayoshi Inoue, Hidetoshi Mochizuki, Mayuko Asakura, Yuta Shimizu, and Takeshi Takemura. “Evaluating Maize Drought and Wet Stress in a Converted Japanese Paddy Field Using a SWAP Model.” Water 12, no. 5 (2020): 1363. (Article link).
- Knappe, Jan, Celia Somlai, Andrew C. Fowler, and Laurence W. Gill. “The influence of pre-treatment on biomat development in soil treatment units.” Journal of Contaminant Hydrology (2020): 103654. (Article link).
- Kukal, Meetpal S., Suat Irmak, and Kiran Sharma. “Development and Application of a Performance and Operational Feasibility Guide to Facilitate Adoption of Soil Moisture Sensors.” Sustainability 12, no. 1 (2020): 321. (Article link).
- Lo, Tsz Him, Daran R. Rudnick, Jasreman Singh, Hope Njuki Nakabuye, Abia Katimbo, Derek M. Heeren, and Yufeng Ge. “Field assessment of interreplicate variability from eight electromagnetic soil moisture sensors.” Agricultural Water Management 231 (2020): 105984. (Article link).
- Park, Hyung Bum, Sang Yong Park, In Sook Park, In Bae Jang, Dong Yun Hyun, Chiwon W. Lee, and Jong Myung Choi. “Influence of nutrient solution concentration on growth and tissue mineral content of Panax ginseng seedlings cultured in a root medium containing peat and perlite.” Horticulture, Environment, and Biotechnology (2020): 1-10. (Article link).
- Park, Song-Yi, Jongyun Kim, and Myung-Min Oh. “Determination of Adequate Substrate Water Content for Mass Production of a High Value-Added Medicinal Plant, Crepidiastrum denticulatum (Houtt.) Pak & Kawano.” Agronomy 10, no. 3 (2020): 388. (Article link).
- Ravi, Sridevi, Tim Young, Cate Macinnis-Ng, Thao V. Nyugen, Mark Duxbury, Andrea C. Alfaro, and Sebastian Leuzinger. “Untargeted metabolomics in halophytes: The role of different metabolites in New Zealand mangroves under multi-factorial abiotic stress conditions.” Environmental and Experimental Botany 173 (2020): 103993. (Article link).
- Rukhaiyar, Saurav, Shan Huang, Haihong Song, Peng Lin, Ankit Garg, and Sanandam Bordoloi. “A New Intelligent Model for Computing Crack in Compacted Soil-Biochar Mix: Application in Green Infrastructure.” Geotechnical and Geological Engineering 38, no. 1 (2020): 201-214. (Article link).
- Tian, Zhengchao, Tusheng Ren, Robert Horton, and Joshua L. Heitman. “Estimating soil bulk density with combined commercial soil water content and thermal property sensors.” Soil and Tillage Research 196 (2020): 104445. (Article link).
- Wang, Di, Guangyao Gao, Junran Li, Chuan Yuan, Yihe Lü, and Bojie Fu. “Sap flow dynamics of xerophytic shrubs differ significantly among rainfall categories in the Loess Plateau of China.” Journal of Hydrology (2020): 124815. (Article link).
- Wicki, Adrian, Peter Lehmann, Christian Hauck, Sonia I. Seneviratne, Peter Waldner, and Manfred Stähli. “Assessing the potential of soil moisture measurements for regional landslide early warning.” Landslides (2020): 1-16. (Article link).
- Zhong, Yu, Chris B. Zou, Adrian Saenz, Elaine Stebler, Gopal Kakani, and Rodney E. Will. “Conversion of encroached juniper woodland back to native prairie and to switchgrass increases root zone soil moisture and watershed runoff.” Journal of Hydrology 584 (2020): 124640. (Article link).
- Carter, David R., Robert A. Slesak, Timothy B. Harrington, and Anthony W. D’Amato. “Comparative effects of soil resource availability on physiology and growth of Scotch broom (Cytisus scoparius) and Douglas-fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii) seedlings.” Forest Ecology and Management 453 (2019): 117580. (Article link).
- Hargis, Hailey, Sybil G. Gotsch, Philipp Porada, Georgianne W. Moore, Briana Ferguson, and John T. Van Stan. “Arboreal Epiphytes in the Soil-Atmosphere Interface: How Often Are the Biggest “Buckets” in the Canopy Empty?.” Geosciences 9, no. 8 (2019): 342. (Article link).
- Jonas, Jayne L., Erin Berryman, Brett Wolk, Penelope Morgan, and Peter R. Robichaud. “Post-fire wood mulch for reducing erosion potential increases tree seedlings with few impacts on understory plants and soil nitrogen.” Forest Ecology and Management 453 (2019): 117567. (Article link).
- Iwasaki, Naoto, Kyouka Hori, and Yuri Ikuta. “Xylem plays an important role in regulating the leaf water potential and fruit quality of Meiwa kumquat (Fortunella crassifolia Swingle) trees under drought conditions.” Agricultural Water Management 214 (2019): 47-54. (Article link).
- Kang, Seonghwan, Marc W. van Iersel, and Jongyun Kim. “Plant root growth affects FDR soil moisture sensor calibration.” Scientia Horticulturae 252 (2019): 208-211. (Article link).
- Kelly, Gilor, Aiman Egbaria, Belal Khamaisi, Nitsan Lugassi, Ziv Attia, Menachem Moshelion, and David Granot. “Guard-Cell Hexokinase Increases Water-Use Efficiency Under Normal and Drought Conditions.” Frontiers in Plant Science 10 (2019): 1499. (Article link).
- Li, Sheng-Lun, and Wei-Li Liang. “Spatial–Temporal Soil Water Dynamics beneath a Tree Monitored by Tensiometer-Time Domain Reflectometry Probes.” Water 11, no. 8 (2019): 1662. (Article link).
- Matsuo, Naoki, Shinori Tsuchiya, Keiko Nakano, and Koichiro Fukami. “Design and evaluation of a one-operation shallow up-cut tillage sowing method for soybean production.” Plant Production Science 22, no. 4 (2019): 465-478. (Article link).
- Ren, Junping, and Sai K. Vanapalli. “Comparison of Soil-Freezing and Soil-Water Characteristic Curves of Two Canadian Soils.” Vadose Zone Journal 18, no. 1 (2019). (Article link).
- Roby, Matthew C., Russell L. Scott, Greg A. Barron-Gafford, Erik P. Hamerlynck, and David JP Moore. “Environmental and vegetative controls on soil CO2 efflux in three semiarid ecosystems.” Soil Systems 3, no. 1 (2019): 6. (Article link).
- Weyers, Sharon, Matt Thom, Frank Forcella, Carrie Eberle, Heather Matthees, Russ Gesch, Matthew Ott, Gary Feyereisen, Jeffery Strock, and Don Wyse. “Reduced potential for nitrogen loss in cover crop–soybean relay systems in a cold climate.” Journal of Environmental Quality 48, no. 3 (2019): 660-669. (Article link).
- Fontanet Ambrós, Mireia, Daniel Fernández García, and Francesc Ferrer. “The value of satellite remote sensing soil moisture data and the DISPATCH algorithm in irrigation fields.” Hydrology and Earth System Sciences 22, no. 11 (2018): 5889-5900. (Article link).
- Lacoste, Marine, Siul Ruiz, and Dani Or. “Listening to earthworms burrowing and roots growing-acoustic signatures of soil biological activity.” Scientific Reports 8, no. 1 (2018): 1-9. (Article link).
- Roberts, B., D. Schnipke, and M. Van Iersel. “An automated system for irrigation control in containerized ornamental crop production.” Irrigation and Drainage Systems Engineering 7, no. 3 (2018). (Article link).
- Rosas-Anderson, Pablo, Matthew J. Taggart, Joshua L. Heitman, Grady L. Miller, Thomas R. Sinclair, and Thomas W. Rufty. “Partitioning between evaporation and transpiration from Agrostis stolonifera L. during light and dark periods.” Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 260 (2018): 73-79. (Article link).
- Shi, Wei, Xin‐ping Wang, Ya‐feng Zhang, Yan‐xia Pan, Rui Hu, and Yan‐xia Jin. “The effect of biological soil crusts on soil moisture dynamics under different rainfall conditions in the Tengger Desert, China.” Hydrological Processes 32, no. 10 (2018): 1363-1374. (Article link).
- Singh, J., T. Lo, D. R. Rudnick, T. J. Dorr, C. A. Burr, R. Werle, T. M. Shaver, and F. Muñoz-Arriola. “Performance assessment of factory and field calibrations for electromagnetic sensors in a loam soil.” Agricultural Water Management 196 (2018): 87-98. (Article link).
- Soderquist, B. S., K. L. Kavanagh, T. E. Link, M. S. Seyfried, and A. H. Winstral. “Simulating the dependence of aspen (Populus tremuloides) on redistributed snow in a semi‐arid watershed.” Ecosphere 9, no. 1 (2018): e02068. (Article link).
- Acharya, Bharat Sharma, Elaine Stebler, and Chris B. Zou. “Monitoring litter interception of rainfall using leaf wetness sensor under controlled and field conditions.” Hydrological Processes 31, no. 1 (2017): 240-249. (Article link).
- Auler, Priscila Ariane, Marcelo Nogueira Do Amaral, Gabriela dos Santos Rodrigues, Letícia Carvalho Benitez, Luciano Carlos da Maia, Gustavo Maia Souza, and Eugenia Jacira Bolacel Braga. “Molecular responses to recurrent drought in two contrasting rice genotypes.” Planta 246, no. 5 (2017): 899-914. (Article link).
- Gotsch, Sybil G., Kenneth Davidson, Jessica G. Murray, Vanessa J. Duarte, and Danel Draguljić. “Vapor pressure deficit predicts epiphyte abundance across an elevational gradient in a tropical montane region.” American Journal of Botany 104, no. 12 (2017): 1790-1801. (Article link).
- Iwata, Y., T. Miyamoto, K. Kameyama, and M. Nishiya. “Effect of sensor installation on the accurate measurement of soil water content.” European Journal of Soil Science 68, no. 6 (2017): 817-828. (Article link).
- Hochberg, Uri, Jose Carlos Herrera, Asfaw Degu, Simone Diego Castellarin, Enrico Peterlunger, Giorgio Alberti, and Naftali Lazarovitch. “Evaporative demand determines the relative transpirational sensitivity of deficit-irrigated grapevines.” Irrigation Science 35, no. 1 (2017): 1-9. (Article link).
- Rhie, Yong Ha, and Jongyun Kim. “Changes in physical properties of various coir dust and perlite mixes and their capacitance sensor volumetric water content calibrations.” HortScience 52, no. 1 (2017): 162-166. (Article link).
- Ritchie, Alison L., Todd E. Erickson, and David J. Merritt. “Monitoring of plant phenology and seed production identifies two distinct seed collection seasons in the Australian arid zone.” The Rangeland Journal 39, no. 1 (2017): 73-83. (Article link).
- Somlai-Haase, Celia, Jan Knappe, and Laurence Gill. “Carbon dioxide emissions from a septic tank soakaway in a northern maritime climate.” Science of the Total Environment 586 (2017): 485-491. (Article link).
- Tucker, Colin L., Theresa A. McHugh, Armin Howell, Richard Gill, Bettina Weber, Jayne Belnap, Edmund Grote, and Sasha C. Reed. “The concurrent use of novel soil surface microclimate measurements to evaluate CO 2 pulses in biocrusted interspaces in a cool desert ecosystem.” Biogeochemistry 135, no. 3 (2017): 239-249. (Article link).
- Yan, Guoyong, Yajuan Xing, Lijian Xu, Jianyu Wang, Xiongde Dong, Wenjun Shan, Liang Guo, and Qinggui Wang. “Effects of different nitrogen additions on soil microbial communities in different seasons in a boreal forest.” Ecosphere 8, no. 7 (2017): e01879. (Article link).
- Zheng, Shuang, Sérgio DN Lourenço, Peter J. Cleall, Ting Fong May Chui, Angel KY Ng, and Stuart W. Millis. “Hydrologic behavior of model slopes with synthetic water repellent soils.” Journal of Hydrology 554 (2017): 582-599. (Article link).
- Chamizo, Sonia, Yolanda Cantón, Emilio Rodríguez‐Caballero, and Francisco Domingo. “Biocrusts positively affect the soil water balance in semiarid ecosystems.” Ecohydrology 9, no. 7 (2016): 1208-1221. (Article link).
- Clinton C. Shock, André B. Pereira, Erik B. G. Feibert, and Cedric A. Shock. “Field Comparison of Soil Moisture Sensing Using Neutron Thermalization, Frequency Domain, Tensiometer, and Granular Matrix Sensor Devices: Relevance to Precision Irrigation.” Journal of Water Resource and Protection 8 (2016): 154-167. (Article link).
- Fares, Ali, Ripendra Awal, and Haimanote K. Bayabil. “Soil water content sensor response to organic matter content under laboratory conditions.” Sensors 16, no. 8 (2016): 1239. (Article link).
- Galieni, A. N. G. E. L. I. C. A., F. A. B. I. O. Stagnari, S. T. E. F. A. N. O. Speca, and M. I. C. H. E. L. E. Pisante. “Leaf traits as indicators of limiting growing conditions for lettuce (Lactuca sativa).” Annals of Applied Biology 169, no. 3 (2016): 342-356. (Article link).
- Just, Michael G., Matthew G. Hohmann, and William A. Hoffmann. “Where fire stops: vegetation structure and microclimate influence fire spread along an ecotonal gradient.” Plant Ecology 217, no. 6 (2016): 631-644. (Article link).
- Magney, Troy S., Jan UH Eitel, David R. Huggins, and Lee A. Vierling. “Proximal NDVI derived phenology improves in-season predictions of wheat quantity and quality.” Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 217 (2016): 46-60. (Article link).
- Pla, Concepción, Soledad Cuezva, Elena Garcia-Anton, A. Fernandez-Cortes, Juan C. Cañaveras, Sergio Sanchez-Moral, and David Benavente. “Changes in the CO2 dynamics in near-surface cavities under a future warming scenario: Factors and evidence from the field and experimental findings.” Science of The Total Environment 565 (2016): 1151-1164. (Article link).
- Potter, Christopher. “Measurements of fog water interception by shrubs on the California central coast.” Journal of Coastal Conservation 20, no. 4 (2016): 315-325. (Article link).
- Prats, Sérgio Alegre, Maruxa Cortizo Malvar, Diana Catarina Simões Vieira, Lee MacDonald, and Jan Jacob Keizer. “Effectiveness of hydromulching to reduce runoff and erosion in a recently burnt pine plantation in central Portugal.” Land degradation & development 27, no. 5 (2016): 1319-1333. (Article link).
- Singh, Harsh Vardhan, and Anita M. Thompson. “Effect of antecedent soil moisture content on soil critical shear stress in agricultural watersheds.” Geoderma 262 (2016): 165-173. (Article link).
- Arabi, Mahsa Ghazian, Ali Farhadzadeh, and Mohammad Khosravi. “Erosion and Recession of Beach-Bluff System of Low Fine Content Due to Wave and Surge Actions.” Coastal Engineering 2015 (1994). (Article link).
- Chen, Shutao, Xu Zhang, Yifan Liu, Zhenghua Hu, Xiaoshuai Shen, and Jingquan Ren. “Simulated acid rain changed the proportion of heterotrophic respiration in soil respiration in a subtropical secondary forest.” Applied Soil Ecology 86 (2015): 148-157. (Article link).
- Galieni, Angelica, Carla Di Mattia, Miriam De Gregorio, Stefano Speca, Dino Mastrocola, Michele Pisante, and Fabio Stagnari. “Effects of nutrient deficiency and abiotic environmental stresses on yield, phenolic compounds and antiradical activity in lettuce (Lactuca sativa L.).” Scientia Horticulturae 187 (2015): 93-101. (Article link).
- Maurer, Gregory E., and David R. Bowling. “Dust effects on snowpack melt and related ecosystem processes are secondary to those of forest canopy structure and interannual snowpack variability.” Ecohydrology 8, no. 6 (2015): 1005-1023. (Article link).
- Pascual-Seva, Nuria, A. San Bautista, S. López-Galarza, J. V. Maroto, and B. Pascual. “Response of nutsedge (Cyperus esculentus L. var sativus Boeck.) tuber production to drip irrigation based on volumetric soil water content.” Irrigation Science 33, no. 1 (2015): 31-42. (Article link).
- Trautz, Andrew C., Kathleen M. Smits, and Abdullah Cihan. “Continuum‐scale investigation of evaporation from bare soil under different boundary and initial conditions: An evaluation of nonequilibrium phase change.” Water Resources Research 51, no. 9 (2015): 7630-7648. (Article link).
- Doucette, William J., Scout Mendenhall, Laurie S. McNeill, and Justin Heavilin. “The sky is falling II: Impact of deposition produced during the static testing of solid rocket motors on corn and alfalfa.” Science of the Total Environment 482 (2014): 36-41. (Article link).
- Ehret, David L., Brenda Frey, Tom Forge, Tom Helmer, David R. Bryla, and Bernie J. Zebarth. “Effects of nitrogen rate and application method on early production and fruit quality in highbush blueberry.” Canadian Journal of Plant Science 94, no. 7 (2014): 1165-1179. (Article link).
- Furlong, C., M. R. Templeton, and W. T. Gibson. “Processing of human faeces by wet vermifiltration for improved on-site sanitation.” Journal of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene for Development 4, no. 2 (2014): 231-239. (Article link).
- Rubio, Carles M. “Transient thermal flux as a way to stimulate the loss dormancy on weed seeds.” Science and Education 2, no. 2 (2014): 43-47. (Article link).
- Stagnari, Fabio, Angelica Galieni, Stefano Speca, Giovanni Cafiero, and Michele Pisante. “Effect of light and water supply on morphological and physiological leaf traits of red beet.” Agronomy Journal 106, no. 2 (2014): 459-468. (Article link).
- Zhen, Shuyang, Stephanie E. Burnett, Michael E. Day, and Marc W. van Iersel. “Effects of substrate water content on morphology and physiology of rosemary, canadian columbine, and cheddar pink.” HortScience 49, no. 4 (2014): 486-492. (Article link).
- Bair, Kyle E., and Joan R. Davenport. “Plant available phosphorus analysis for recently acidified soils of the Columbia Basin Washington State.” Soil Science Society of America Journal 77, no. 3 (2013): 1063-1069. (Article link).
- Bayer, Amanda, Imran Mahbub, Matthew Chappell, John Ruter, and Marc W. van Iersel. “Water use and growth of Hibiscus acetosella ‘Panama Red’grown with a soil moisture sensor-controlled irrigation system.” HortScience 48, no. 8 (2013): 980-987. (Article link).
- Cama, Alejandro, Francisco G. Montoya, Julio Gómez, José Luis De La Cruz, and Francisco Manzano-Agugliaro. “Integration of communication technologies in sensor networks to monitor the Amazon environment.” Journal of Cleaner Production 59 (2013): 32-42. (Article link).
- Chappell, Matthew, Sue K. Dove, Marc W. van Iersel, Paul A. Thomas, and John Ruter. “Implementation of wireless sensor networks for irrigation control in three container nurseries.” HortTechnology 23, no. 6 (2013): 747-753. (Article link).
- Laplace, Sophie, Tomonori Kume, Chu Chia-Ren, and Hikaru Komatsu. “Wind speed response of sap flow in five subtropical trees based on wind tunnel experiments.” British Journal of Environment and Climate Change 3, no. 2 (2013): 160. (Article link).
- Marquina, Sorena, Loreto Donoso, Tibisay Pérez, Jenie Gil, and Eugenio Sanhueza. “Losses of NO and N2O emissions from Venezuelan and other worldwide tropical N‐fertilized soils.” Journal of Geophysical Research: Biogeosciences 118, no. 3 (2013): 1094-1104. (Article link).
- Su, Zhongbo, P. De Rosnay, J. Wen, Lichun Wang, and Yijian Zeng. “Evaluation of ECMWF’s soil moisture analyses using observations on the Tibetan Plateau.” Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres 118, no. 11 (2013): 5304-5318. (Article link).
- Van der Velde, R., M. S. Salama, T. Pellarin, M. Ofwono, Y. Ma, and Z. Su. “Long term soil moisture mapping over the Tibetan Plateau using Special Sensor Microwave/Imager.” Hydrology & Earth System Sciences Discussions 10, no. 5 (2013). (Article link).
- van Iersel, Marc W., Matthew Chappell, and John D. Lea-Cox. “Sensors for improved efficiency of irrigation in greenhouse and nursery production.” HortTechnology 23, no. 6 (2013): 735-746. (Article link).
- Wersal, Ryan M., J. D. Madsen, and P. D. Gerard. “Survival of parrotfeather following simulated drawdown events.” J. Aquat. Plant Manage 51 (2013): 22-26. (Article link).
- Zegada‐Lizarazu, Walter, and Andrea Monti. “Photosynthetic response of sweet sorghum to drought and re‐watering at different growth stages.” Physiologia plantarum 149, no. 1 (2013): 56-66. (Article link).
- Chen, Shutao, Yong Zhang, Haishan Chen, and Zhenghua Hu. “Effects of elevated O3 on soil respiration in a winter wheat–soybean rotation cropland.” Soil Research 50, no. 6 (2012): 500-506. (Article link).
- Farmaha, Bhupinder S., Fabián G. Fernández, and Emerson D. Nafziger. “Distribution of soybean roots, soil water, phosphorus and potassium concentrations with broadcast and subsurface-band fertilization.” Soil Science Society of America Journal 76, no. 3 (2012): 1079-1089. (Article link).
- García, Ana R., Roberto Maisonnave, Marcelo J. Massobrio, Fabrizio de Iorio, and R. Alicia. “Field-scale evaluation of water fluxes and manure solution leaching in feedlot pen soils.” Journal of Environmental Quality 41, no. 5 (2012): 1591-1599. (Article link).
- McLaughlin, Daniel L., Mark T. Brown, and Matthew J. Cohen. “The ecohydrology of a pioneer wetland species and a drastically altered landscape.” Ecohydrology 5, no. 5 (2012): 656-667. (Article link).
- Perez-Quezada, J. F., H. E. Bown, J. P. Fuentes, F. A. Alfaro, and N. Franck. “Effects of afforestation on soil respiration in an arid shrubland in Chile.” Journal of Arid Environments 83 (2012): 45-53. (Article link).
- Rothrock, Michael J., Jonathan M. Frantz, and Stephanie Burnett. “Effect of volumetric water content and clover (Trifolium incarnatum) on the survival of Escherichia coli O157: H7 in a soil matrix.” Current Microbiology 65, no. 3 (2012): 272-283. (Article link).
- Sui, Ruixiu, Daniel K. Fisher, and Edward M. Barnes. “Soil moisture and plant canopy temperature sensing for irrigation application in cotton.” Journal of Agricultural Science 4, no. 12 (2012): 93. (Article link).
- Villordon, Arthur, Don LaBonte, Julio Solis, and Nurit Firon. “Characterization of lateral root development at the onset of storage root initiation in ‘Beauregard’sweetpotato adventitious roots.” HortScience 47, no. 7 (2012): 961-968. (Article link).
- Wertin, Timothy M., Mary Anne McGuire, and Robert O. Teskey. “Effects of predicted future and current atmospheric temperature and [CO2] and high and low soil moisture on gas exchange and growth of Pinus taeda seedlings at cool and warm sites in the species range.” Tree Physiology 32, no. 7 (2012): 847-858. (Article link).
- Zegada-Lizarazu, Walter, Alessandro Zatta, and Andrea Monti. “Water uptake efficiency and above-and belowground biomass development of sweet sorghum and maize under different water regimes.” Plant and Soil 351, no. 1-2 (2012): 47-60. (Article link).
- Fach, Stefan, Carolina Engelhard, Nina Wittke, and Wolfgang Rauch. “Performance of infiltration swales with regard to operation in winter times in an Alpine region.” Water Science and Technology 63, no. 11 (2011): 2658-2665. (Article link).
- Franck, Nicolás, Joaquín P. Morales, David Arancibia‐Avendaño, Víctor García de Cortázar, Jorge F. Perez‐Quezada, Andrés Zurita‐Silva, and Claudio Pastenes. “Seasonal fluctuations in Vitis vinifera root respiration in the field.” New Phytologist 192, no. 4 (2011): 939-951. (Article link).
- Goel, Gaurav, and Denis M. O’Carroll. “Experimental investigation of nonequilibrium capillarity effects: Fluid viscosity effects.” Water Resources Research 47, no. 9 (2011). (Article link).
- Kodešová, R., V. Kodeš, and Arnost Mraz. “Comparison of two sensors ECH2O EC-5 and SM200 for measuring soil water content.” Soil and Water Research 6, no. 2 (2011): 102-110. (Article link).
- Li, Guoyong, and Shucun Sun. “Plant clipping may cause overestimation of soil respiration in a Tibetan alpine meadow, southwest China.” Ecological Research 26, no. 3 (2011): 497-504. (Article link).
- Liu, Zhi-gang, Ping-pin Li, Yong-guang Hu, and Xi-liang Zhang. “Temperature calibration of capacitance probes to measure soilless substrate water.” In 2011 International Conference on New Technology of Agricultural, pp. 263-265. IEEE, 2011. (Article link).
- Odindi, J. O., and V. Kakembo. “The hydrological response of Pteronia incana‐invaded areas in the Eastern Cape Province, South Africa.” Ecohydrology 4, no. 6 (2011): 832-840. (Article link).
- Rosenbaum, U., J. A. Huisman, J. Vrba, H. Vereecken, and H. R. Bogena. “Correction of temperature and electrical conductivity effects on dielectric permittivity measurements with ECH 2 O sensors.” Vadose Zone Journal 10, no. 2 (2011): 582-593. (Article link).
- Sekiya, Nobuhito, Hideki Araki, and Katsuya Yano. “Applying hydraulic lift in an agroecosystem: forage plants with shoots removed supply water to neighboring vegetable crops.” Plant and Soil 341, no. 1-2 (2011): 39-50. (Article link).
- Zhang, Rong-biao, Jing-jing Guo, Lei Zhang, Ye-cheng Zhang, Li-hong Wang, and Qi Wang. “A calibration method of detecting soil water content based on the information-sharing in wireless sensor network.” Computers and Electronics in Agriculture 76, no. 2 (2011): 161-168. (Article link).
- Bogena, H. R., M. Herbst, J. A. Huisman, U. Rosenbaum, A. Weuthen, and H. Vereecken. “Potential of wireless sensor networks for measuring soil water content variability.” Vadose Zone Journal 9, no. 4 (2010): 1002-1013. (Article link).
- Kanalas, P., A. Fenyvesi, J. Kis, Erzsébet Szőllősi, V. Olah, I. Ander, and Ilona Mészáros. “Seasonal and diurnal variability in sap flow intensity of mature sessile oak (Quercus petraea (Matt.) Liebl.) trees in relation to microclimatic conditions.” Acta Biologica Hungarica 61, no. Supplement-1 (2010): 95-108. (Article link).
- LEI, HUI‐MIN, and DA‐WEN YANG. “Seasonal and interannual variations in carbon dioxide exchange over a cropland in the North China Plain.” Global Change Biology 16, no. 11 (2010): 2944-2957. (Article link).
- Miller, Gretchen R., Xingyuan Chen, Yoram Rubin, Siyan Ma, and Dennis D. Baldocchi. “Groundwater uptake by woody vegetation in a semiarid oak savanna.” Water Resources Research 46, no. 10 (2010). (Article link).
- Seki, K., K. Suzuki, T. Nishimura, M. Mizoguchi, H. Imoto, and T. Miyazaki. “Physical and chemical properties of soils in the fire-affected forest of East Kalimantan, Indonesia.” Journal of Tropical Forest Science (2010): 414-424. (Article link).
- Espino, Susana, and H. Jochen Schenk. “Hydraulically integrated or modular? Comparing whole‐plant‐level hydraulic systems between two desert shrub species with different growth forms.” New Phytologist 183, no. 1 (2009): 142-152. (Article link).