1. With this data protection information we inform you about the data processing in our company.
The responsible controller within the meaning of data protection law is:
METER Group AG
Represented by the Management Board Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Pertassek
Mettlacher Street 8
Phone: +49 (0)89 126652-0
Fax: +49 (0)89 126652-20
Contact details of the data protection officer:
You can reach our data protection officer at the above address and telephone number or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. We process the following personal data:
First and last name, title, if applicable.
Fax number/s, if applicable
information required for appropriate order and customer order fulfillment
3. We process personal data for the purposes of the
Data processing for advertising purposes/direct marketing:
Insofar as we have received your e-mail address in the context of product purchases and/or services, we use it to send you direct advertising. The legal basis for this data processing is Article 6(1)(f) DSGVO. Our interest lies in maintaining the customer relationship, improving our services and products and in informing our customers.
Reference to the right to object
You can object to the use of your personal data for the aforementioned marketing purposes at any time free of charge with effect for the future at email@example.com or via the unsubscribe link in the e-mail message. Your objection means that we will not send you any further advertising information. In exceptional cases, further advertising emails may be sent temporarily after receipt of your objection; this is technically due to triggered actions according to customer interests and does not mean that we have not implemented your objection.
The collected customer data will be deleted after completion of the order or termination of the business relationship. Legal retention periods remain unaffected.
4. Legal basis for the data processing in our company are
Art. 6 para. 1 subpara. 1 letter b DSGVO for the fulfillment of the order/contract,
Art. 6 para. 1 subpara. 1 letter c DSGVO for the fulfillment of the legal obligations to which we are subject as a company,
Art. 6 (1) subparagraph 1 letter f DSGVO, insofar as the data processing is necessary for the protection of legitimate interests of us or a third party; in particular, the continuous business relationship and improvement of the measurement technology used on site is in our legitimate interest, so that we provide you with information on product news and developments by e-mail (direct advertising) or by telephone. Another legitimate interest is the cooperation with our cooperation partner Meter Group Inc.
Art. 6 (1) subparagraph 1 letter a DSGVO, insofar as you have given us your consent to process the personal data relating to you for specific purposes (e.g. newsletter dispatch, presumed consent in the case of telephone calls vis-à-vis advertisers).
5. Personal data is only transferred to third parties on your behalf and with your consent. We pass on personal data to the following recipients within the framework of the contractual relationship:
6. Data transfer to third countries (countries outside the European Economic Area - EEA) only takes place if this is necessary for the execution of the customer contract (e.g. payment orders, support and service cases, manufacturer warranties) or if you have given us your consent or if this is otherwise permitted by law. In this case, we take measures to ensure the protection of your data, for example through contractual regulations. We only transfer to recipients who ensure the protection of your data in accordance with the provisions of the GDPR for transfers to third countries (Art. 44 to 49 GDPR).
Personal data is stored by us for the duration of the statutory retention periods. As a rule, this is 10 years.
8. You have the following rights as a "data subject" whose data we process:
Insofar as we carry out processing for certain purposes of your personal data on the basis of your consent, you have the right to revoke your consent at any time in accordance with Art. 7 (3) DSGVO. Upon receipt of your revocation, we will stop processing data for the purposes for which you gave us your consent. The lawfulness of the processing prior to receipt of your revocation remains unaffected.
Right to object: If we process your personal data to protect legitimate interests within the meaning of Article 6(1), first subparagraph, point (f) DSGVO, you have the right to object to this processing on grounds relating to your particular situation in accordance with Article 21(1) DSGVO. According to Art. 21 (2) DSGVO, you may object to processing for direct marketing purposes at any time without giving reasons. To exercise your right to object, it is sufficient to send us an informal message (e.g. by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org) stating which data processing you object to.
If you believe that the processing of personal data concerning you violates the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority (usually the State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information) pursuant to Article 77 (1) of the GDPR. In particular, the complaint can be filed with the supervisory authority that is competent in the place of your habitual residence, your place of work or the alleged violation.
We reserve the right to adapt our data protection information to changes in regulations or case law. Status of the data protection notice March 2022.