Listed below are examples of cited publications for the TEROS line of soil moisture sensors. This list is not exhaustive.
TEROS 10 (also referred to as GS1)
The GS1 water content sensor was renamed TEROS 10 in 2015, but they are basically the same sensor.
- Choe, Byung-Hun, Gordon R. Osinski, Catherine D. Neish, and Livio L. Tornabene. “A Modified Semi-Empirical Radar Scattering Model for Weathered Rock Surfaces.” Canadian Journal of Remote Sensing 46, no. 1 (2020): 1-14. (Article link).
- Holdo, Ricardo M., Daphne A. Onderdonk, Annabelle G. Barr, Meshak Mwita, and T. Michael Anderson. “Spatial transitions in tree cover are associated with soil hydrology, but not with grass biomass, fire frequency, or herbivore biomass in Serengeti savannahs.” Journal of Ecology 108, no. 2 (2020): 586-597. (Article link).
- Töchterle, Paul, Fengli Yang, Stephanie Rehschuh, Romy Rehschuh, Nadine K. Ruehr, Heinz Rennenberg, and Michael Dannenmann. “Hydraulic Water Redistribution by Silver Fir (Abies alba Mill.) Occurring under Severe Soil Drought.” Forests 11, no. 2 (2020): 162. (Article link).
- Singh, Jasreman, Derek M. Heeren, Daran R. Rudnick, Wayne E. Woldt, Geng Bai, Yufeng Ge, and Joe D. Luck. “Soil Structure and Texture Effects on the Precision of Soil Water Content Measurements with a Capacitance-Based Electromagnetic Sensor.” Transactions of the ASABE 63, no. 1 (2020): 141-152. (Article link).
- Baker, Kathryn V., Xiaonan Tai, Megan L. Miller, and Daniel M. Johnson. “Six co-occurring conifer species in northern Idaho exhibit a continuum of hydraulic strategies during an extreme drought year.” AoB Plants 11, no. 5 (2019): plz056. (Article link).
- Rehschuh, Stephanie, Martin Fuchs, Javier Tejedor, Anja Schäfler-Schmid, Ruth-Kristina Magh, Tim Burzlaff, Heinz Rennenberg, and Michael Dannenmann. “Admixing Fir to European Beech Forests Improves the Soil Greenhouse Gas Balance.” Forests 10, no. 3 (2019): 213. (Article link).
- Chen, Yong, Gary W. Marek, Thomas H. Marek, Kevin R. Heflin, Dana O. Porter, Jerry E. Moorhead, and David K. Brauer. “Soil water sensor performance and corrections with multiple installation orientations and depths under three agricultural irrigation treatments.” Sensors 19, no. 13 (2019): 2872. (Article link).
- He, Wenmei, Gayoung Yoo, Mohammad Moonis, Youjin Kim, and Xuanlin Chen. “Impact assessment of high soil CO2 on plant growth and soil environment: a greenhouse study.” PeerJ 7 (2019): e6311. (Article link).
- Alcívar, María, Andrés Zurita-Silva, Marco Sandoval, Cristina Muñoz, and Mauricio Schoebitz. “Reclamation of saline–sodic soils with combined amendments: impact on quinoa performance and biological soil quality.” Sustainability 10, no. 9 (2018): 3083. (Article link).
- Bretfeld, Mario, Brent E. Ewers, and Jefferson S. Hall. “Plant water use responses along secondary forest succession during the 2015–2016 El Niño drought in Panama.” New Phytologist 219, no. 3 (2018): 885-899. (Article link).
- Goswami, Manash Protim, Babak Montazer, and Utpal Sarma. “Design and characterization of a fringing field capacitive soil moisture sensor.” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement 68, no. 3 (2018): 913-922.
- Magh, Ruth-Kristina, Fengli Yang, Stephanie Rehschuh, Martin Burger, Michael Dannenmann, Rodica Pena, Tim Burzlaff, Mladen Ivanković, and Heinz Rennenberg. “Nitrogen nutrition of European beech is maintained at sufficient water supply in mixed beech-fir stands.” Forests 9, no. 12 (2018): 733. (Article link).
- Macarena, Filipe Adriano Mutumba1 Erick Zagal, Gerding2 Dalma Castillo-Rosales, and Leandro Paulino1 Mauricio Schoebitz. “Plant growth promoting rhizobacteria for improved water stress tolerance in wheat genotypes.” Journal of Soil Science and Plant Nutrition 18, no. 4 (2018): 1080-1096. (Article link).
- Pain, Rachel E., Ruth G. Shaw, and Seema N. Sheth. “Detrimental effects of rhizobial inoculum early in the life of partridge pea, Chamaecrista fasciculata.” American Journal of Botany 105, no. 4 (2018): 796-802. (Article link).
- Balbontín, Claudio, Isidro Campos, Magali Odi-Lara, Antonio Ibacache, and Alfonso Calera. “Irrigation Performance Assessment in Table Grape Using the Reflectance-Based Crop Coefficient.” Remote Sensing 9, no. 12 (2017): 1276. (Article link).
- Huang, Jingyi, Alex B. McBratney, Budiman Minasny, and John Triantafilis. “3D soil water nowcasting using electromagnetic conductivity imaging and the ensemble Kalman filter.” Journal of Hydrology 549 (2017): 62-78. (Article link).
- Huang, Jingyi, Alex B. McBratney, Budiman Minasny, and John Triantafilis. “Monitoring and modelling soil water dynamics using electromagnetic conductivity imaging and the ensemble Kalman filter.” Geoderma 285 (2017): 76-93. (Article link).
- Wang, H., J. A. Sánchez-Molina, M. Li, M. Berenguel, X. T. Yang, and J. F. Bienvenido. “Leaf area index estimation for a greenhouse transpiration model using external climate conditions based on genetics algorithms, back-propagation neural networks and nonlinear autoregressive exogenous models.” Agricultural Water Management 183 (2017): 107-115. (Article link).
- Lea-Cox, J. D., J. Williams, and M. A. Mellano. “Optimising a sensor-based irrigation protocol for a large-scale cut-flower operation in southern California.” In International Symposium on Sensing Plant Water Status-Methods and Applications in Horticultural Science 1197, pp. 219-225. 2016. (Article link).
- Iezzoni, H. M., and J. S. McCartney. “Calibration of capacitance sensors for compacted silt in non-isothermal applications.” Geotechnical Testing Journal 39, no. 2 (2016): 169-180. (Article link).
- Santana, Otacilio Antunes, José Marcelo Imaña Encinas, and Flávio Luiz de Souza Silveira. “Fire passage on geomorphic fractures in Cerrado: effect on vegetation.” Brazilian Journal of Forest Research/Pesquisa Florestal Brasileira 36, no. 88 (2016). (Article link).
- Genc, Derya, Jeramy Ashlock, Bora Cetin, Kristen Cetin, Masrur Mahedi, Robert Horton, and Halil Ceylan. “Analysis of In Situ Soil Thermal and Hydraulic Data from a Subgrade Sensor Network under a Granular Roadway.” Journal of Cold Regions Engineering (2014). (Article link).
- Lo, Tsz Him, Daran R. Rudnick, Jasreman Singh, Hope Njuki Nakabuye, Abia Katimbo, Derek M. Heeren, and Yufeng Ge. “Field assessment of interreplicate variability from eight electromagnetic soil moisture sensors.” Agricultural Water Management 231 (2020): 105984. (Article link).
- Jafari, Navid, Anand Puppala, Sayantan Chakroborty, and Burak Boluk. “Integrated Full-Scale Physical Experiments and Numerical Modeling of the Performance and Rehabilitation of Highway Embankments.” IEEE International Workshop on Metrology for Agriculture and Forestry (MetroAgriFor) (2019). (Article link).
- Mohamed, Abdelmoneim Zakaria, Yasin Osroosh, Troy Robert Peters, Travis Bates, Colin Sanford Campbell, and Francesc Ferrer-Alegre. “Morning crop water stress index as a sensitive indicator of water status in apple trees.” In 2019 ASABE Annual International Meeting, p. 1. American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers, 2019. (Article link).
- Yi, Yonghong, John S. Kimball, Richard H. Chen, Mahta Moghaddam, and Charles E. Miller. “Sensitivity of active-layer freezing process to snow cover in Arctic Alaska.” The Cryosphere 13 (2019): 197. (Article link).