Managing your sensor SDI-12 address using the ZENTRA Utility app on a laptop
1. Go to Actions and launch the digital sensor terminal.
2. Select the appropriate port for the sensor that you would like to talk to from the sensor port drop down menu. If your port is not available, exit to the main screen and configure the sensor port to the correct sensor. Please note that ZENTRA Utility cannot auto-configure its ports if the sensor address is non-zero. You will need to configure it manually. Refer to the manual for configuration instructions. Only digital sensors are available in the drop down.
3. Select the “Identify Sensor Address…” command from the Digital Sensor Commands drop down menu. ?I! Will appear in the command line as shown in Fig 1.
4. Press Send.
5. The sensor will return the information for that sensor. The address is the first character returned. The screenshot below has a sensor address of 2.
6. The aAb! command is used to change sensor addressed “a” to address “b”. Enter 2A0! Into the command line and press Send to change a sensor addressed 2 to address 0 as shown below in Fig 2.
Managing your sensor SDI-12 address using the ZENTRA Utility Mobile app on a mobile device
1. Launch the ZENTRA Utility Mobile app on your iOS or Android handheld device.
2. Plug your sensor into the ZSC bluetooth sensor interface
3. Press the the white button on the ZSC to establish bluetooth connection with your mobile device.
4. Scroll down to the Sensor Information section of ZENTRA Utility Mobile.
5. Click on the SDI Address dropdown box that shows the sensor’s current SDI-12 address.
6. Select the new SDI address and click Done.
7. You should see a green banner declaring “Updated SDI Address to <new address>”, and the new address should now show in the SDI Address dropdown box.
Talk with a support expert—Our scientists have decades of experience helping researchers measure the soil-plant-atmosphere continuum.