While it is technically possible to address sensors without a ProCheck, it’s frustrating, difficult, and leads to failures. Follow the steps below to address sensors using a Procheck.
Setting SDI-12 addresses with a ProCheck
- Connect the sensor to the ProCheck’s stereo jack using a pigtail adapter if necessary.
- In the CONFIG menu, select the “SDI-12 Address” option. Once selected, the screen shown in Figure 1 will appear. The screen will refresh automatically, showing the sensor’s current configuration.
- Press the up and down arrows to change the address from “0” (default) to any number 1 to 9, or any letter a to z or A to Z.
- Press the ENTER or SAVE buttons to accept the new sensor address. The screen will refresh again, this time showing the new address setting.
- Press ESC or MENU to exit the SDI-12 Address Sub Menu.