One of the advantages of digital sensors is the ability to update their programming (firmware) without sending the sensors back to METER or even excavating them from the field. While it is seldom necessary to update sensors, we do recommend updates on occasion to improve probe performance or resolve problems. Please contact your METER representative before updating any of your soil moisture sensors. If the need does arise to update the program on your sensors you will need:
1. A computer that can run Windows or a Windows emulator.
2. A ProCheck handheld reader.
3. The relevant updater provided by your METER representative.
Please follow these steps to update the sensor:
1. Install the updater file onto your computer. It can typically be acquired through a web link provided by your METER representative.
2. Connect your METER digital sensor (see below for a list of METER digital sensors) to your ProCheck through the stereo connector or pigtail to stereo adapter if you have sensors with bare leads.
3. Connect your ProCheck to your computer using the serial to USB adapter included in your Pro-check kit. If you do not have any METER software installed on your computer, you will need to install the USB driver. Please close any open METER software.
4. Run the updater from your computer.
The update should take 3–5 minutes. You can see the current version of firmware that your sensor is running in the lower left corner of your ProCheck screen when it is reading the sensor. Please contact us if you require a firmware update but do not own a ProCheck, we may be able to arrange a loaner.
If you have any questions feel free to contact METER support.
Get the complete picture
Everything you need to know about measuring soil moisture—all in one place.