So many sensors, so little time
Choosing a water content sensor from the many sensor types available may leave you feeling confused and overwhelmed. Every measurement method has strengths and limitations, but which method is right for you?
It’s not just about the sensor anymore
In this 20-minute webinar, Dr. Colin Campbell demystifies the differences between soil water content measurement methods. He explores the scientific measurement theory and the pros and cons of each method. He also explains which technology might apply to different types of field research, and why modern sensing is about more than just the sensor.
- Measurement theory behind the gravimetric method, capacitance, time-domain reflectometry (TDR), time-domain transmission (TDT), frequency-domain reflectometry (FDR), resistance sensors, and more
- Which technology applies to different field situations
- What factors matter when choosing a sensor type
- Why some methods are not research-grade
- How modern sensing is about more than just the sensor
- How to determine a good price-to-performance ratio for your unique application