Frequently Asked Questions
- Em50G - EM50 - EM60 - EM60G What happens if my logger breaks ? I heard you are discontinuing the EM Series loggers, What happens if my logger breaks?Your Em Series logger (Em50, Em50G,EM60,EM60G) will be supported for three years (or until parts are no longer available).Please call 509-332-5600, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or concerns.
- Em50G - EM50 - EM60 - EM60G How should I position my logger? The logger should be vertical, with the cables coming out of the bottom of the logger.Choose a location and orientation that provides the solar panel with the maximum amount of sunlight. In the Northern Hemisphere, this will typically mean that the data logger will face south; in the Southern Hemisphere, this will typically mean the data logger will face north
- Em50G - EM50 - EM60 - EM60G Is autoconfiguration only for serial sensors, or does it include also 10HS and EC-5?
Only digital sensors are automatically configured. You can simply use the drop-down menu to pick analog sensors (such as the 10HS and the EC-5) when these are used.
- EM60 - EM60G Can you use wireless sensors with this data logger?
The EM60/EM60G only use METER and LEGACY (Decagon) sensors.
- EM60 - EM60G Is external power connection possible?
Yes. The data logger can be powered externally via the micro-USB cable. However, in nearly 99% of use cases, external power is not necessary.
- EM60 - EM60G Are the barometric pressure and data logger temperature sensors embedded on the logger? Where is this information logged (in Ports 1 to 6)?
From a data perspective, these are technically in “Port 8”. Essentially, they do not use up any of the stereo ports on the logger.
- EM60 - EM60G Is there a bluetooth feature to retrieve data from the EM60 series?
Not currently, but this is a feature that may be implemented in the future.
- EM60 - EM60G What cable do I need to connect the logger to my computer?
The logger connects via a micro-usb to USB cable. These cables are readily available, but be cautious, some cables only work for charging purposes. Make sure the cable you get is for data transfer.
- EM60 - EM60G Is the logger available everywhere?
The EM60G data logger is available in the United States, Canada, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, and other global locations.
Please call the METER Sales team to verify the coverage in your location.
- EM60 - EM60G What are the annual charges? The first year is included in the price of the logger. Year 1 begins as designated by purchase date and ends 365 days after. Additional year subscriptions can be added to your account at anytime.Rogers SIM (USA and Canada) $75 USD/yrUSA (rural) / Latin America / Canada / Europe $78 USD/yrLarge Data Use for USA Only $165 USD/yrGlobal Locations $244 USD/yr
- EM60 - EM60G What is the data logger password? The password will be letters with a hyphen on an orange card included in the data logger. Please note, this password cannot be changed.If you are the “owner” of the device, we can provide you with the password. However, users need to contact the owner who initially gave you access to the organization site.
- EM60 - EM60G Are you selling the EM60 series to Japan and Korea? Yes. We do sell the EM60 series data loggers to Japan and Korea.
- ZENTRA Cloud - EM60 - EM60G - ZENTRA What cell service providers do you currently work with in North America?
We work with both AT&T and T-Mobile in the US and Canada.
- EM60 - EM60G Why can’t I get an EM60G in China? The EM60G will not work in China due to the country’s data block. While we currently do not have a server in China, we can sell the non-cellular EM60’s to China.