Frequently Asked Questions
- Em50G - EM50 - EM60 - EM60G What happens if my logger breaks ? I heard you are discontinuing the EM Series loggers, What happens if my logger breaks?Your Em Series logger (Em50, Em50G,EM60,EM60G) will be supported for three years (or until parts are no longer available).Please call 509-332-5600, or email email@example.com for questions or concerns.
- Em50G - EM60G Can a third-party software program be used to pull data from METER data loggers? You cannot use a third party program to pull data directly from our loggers. The software we make is written to provide optimal communication.If you wish to assess your data remotely, we offer API access to pull data from our servers and directly into your third party software.
- EM60G In projects that require remote data acquisition with no supervision, it is useful to have a fully buried system (including the data logger). Is there an option for EM60G-like characteristics EXCEPT for the live data transmission?
We offer a direct connect version of our data loggers that allows for simple downloading of the data. This version of the logger could be used in applications where the system needs to be discrete to prevent vandalism. METER does not recommend burying your data logger because it is difficult to ensure the data logger is protected from potential flooding and water damage. However, some researchers have tried it with varying degrees of success. For information on the precautions they took, see our blog post: Data Loggers: to Bury or Not to Bury.
- Em50G - EM50 - EM60 - EM60G How should I position my logger? The logger should be vertical, with the cables coming out of the bottom of the logger.Choose a location and orientation that provides the solar panel with the maximum amount of sunlight. In the Northern Hemisphere, this will typically mean that the data logger will face south; in the Southern Hemisphere, this will typically mean the data logger will face north
- ZENTRA Cloud - EM60G - ZENTRA Is there a limit to how many can subscribe to one EM60G on ZENTRA cloud? How many can be “admins”?
There is no limit to either subscribers or administrators.
- Em50G - EM50 - EM60 - EM60G Is autoconfiguration only for serial sensors, or does it include also 10HS and EC-5?
Only digital sensors are automatically configured. You can simply use the drop-down menu to pick analog sensors (such as the 10HS and the EC-5) when these are used.
- ZENTRA Cloud - EM60G - ZENTRA How many times per day does the EM60G send data to the ZENTRA cloud?
The upload interval is user-selected based on need. The maximum data transmitting interval in ZENTRA is one time per hour. The minimum is one time per day.
- EM60 - EM60G Can you use wireless sensors with this data logger?
The EM60/EM60G only use METER and LEGACY (Decagon) sensors.
- EM60 - EM60G Is external power connection possible?
Yes. The data logger can be powered externally via the micro-USB cable. However, in nearly 99% of use cases, external power is not necessary.
- EM60 - EM60G Are the barometric pressure and data logger temperature sensors embedded on the logger? Where is this information logged (in Ports 1 to 6)?
From a data perspective, these are technically in “Port 8”. Essentially, they do not use up any of the stereo ports on the logger.
- EM60 - EM60G Is there a bluetooth feature to retrieve data from the EM60 series?
Not currently, but this is a feature that may be implemented in the future.
- EM60G What are the cell service options?
Specifically, the EM60G uses a UMTS 3G 5-band cellular module with 2G fallback. With respect to coverage, that means we utilize the AT&T and T-Mobile networks in USA, and 200+ global partner carriers. Keep in mind that cellular and data hosting services are provided by METER, and the only thing that you need to do is check with either METER or your METER rep and confirm that your site has coverage.
- ZENTRA Cloud - EM60G - ZENTRA Can I receive my data instantaneously at all times during the connected time?
The EM60G data logger can log as frequently as every five minutes and can upload those data as frequently as every fifteen minutes.
- EM60 - EM60G What cable do I need to connect the logger to my computer?
The logger connects via a micro-usb to USB cable. These cables are readily available, but be cautious, some cables only work for charging purposes. Make sure the cable you get is for data transfer.
- Em50G - EM60G What is the difference between the EM50G and the EM60G?
EM50G EM60G 5 ports 6 ports 1 MB of storage (36,000 records) 8 MB of storage (80,000 records) Reports 6x a day Reports up to every hour Optional solar panel Standard solar panel No GPS Standard GPS Can NOT host-A-41 Can host A-41 Physical FW update required Automatic over the air FW update Ech20 Utility Zentra Utility DataTrac3 / Webviewer Zentra Cloud Quad-band UMTS 3G with 2G fallback
- EM60 - EM60G Is the logger available everywhere?
The EM60G data logger is available in the United States, Canada, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, and other global locations.
Please call the METER Sales team to verify the coverage in your location.
- EM60 - EM60G What are the annual charges? The first year is included in the price of the logger. Year 1 begins as designated by purchase date and ends 365 days after. Additional year subscriptions can be added to your account at anytime.Rogers SIM (USA and Canada) $75 USD/yrUSA (rural) / Latin America / Canada / Europe $78 USD/yrLarge Data Use for USA Only $165 USD/yrGlobal Locations $244 USD/yr
- EM60 - EM60G What is the data logger password? The password will be letters with a hyphen on an orange card included in the data logger. Please note, this password cannot be changed.If you are the “owner” of the device, we can provide you with the password. However, users need to contact the owner who initially gave you access to the organization site.
- EM60 - EM60G Are you selling the EM60 series to Japan and Korea? Yes. We do sell the EM60 series data loggers to Japan and Korea.
- ZENTRA Cloud - EM60 - EM60G - ZENTRA What cell service providers do you currently work with in North America?
We work with both AT&T and T-Mobile in the US and Canada.
- EM60 - EM60G Why can’t I get an EM60G in China? The EM60G will not work in China due to the country’s data block. While we currently do not have a server in China, we can sell the non-cellular EM60’s to China.