Frequently Asked Questions
- ZL6 - ATMOS 41 - ATMOS Does the ATMOS 41 and ZL6 conform to the ASABE Automatic Agricultural Weather Stations Guidelines? From Table 1 of “Measurement and Reporting Practices for Automatic Agricultural Weather Stations“, the ATMOS 41 internal measurement sequence meets the sampling interval guidelines for the weather variables listed. The ZL6 data logger can be configured to report values each hour, as stated in Table 1; however, some min/max instantaneous values are not available when using the ZL6 for data acquisition and delivery. Consult the ATMOS 41 user manual for details on the output values processed in METER data loggers.
- ZL6 Can I lock my logger? We have included tamper proof options on the casing of the ZL6. Zip ties can be used to prevent or minimize tampering with the device.
- ZENTRA Cloud - ZENTRA How do I redeem a voucher for ZENTRA Cloud?
Watch the video to learn how to redeem a voucher for ZENTRA Cloud.
- ZENTRA Cloud - ZENTRA Is it possible to exchange ports between sensors without having to go to the field?
The sensors are physically plugged into one of the six ports on the data logger. If there is a port failure or the sensor becomes unplugged, a field visit will be needed.
- ZENTRA Cloud - ZENTRA Are the values you see on ZENTRA Cloud the instantaneous readings or the average of the last interval?
The ZL6 reads each sensor every minute. The data that are stored and transmitted to ZENTRA Cloud are the average of the last read interval. For example, if you log every 15 min., the value shown is that average.
- ZENTRA Cloud - ZENTRA How can I see the current value of the sensors?
Under List View will be the “last upload reading”.
- ZENTRA Cloud - ZENTRA We are concerned about confidentiality. Are data stored only in the METER cloud?
Data are only transmitted to METER cloud servers. We highly encrypt the system to allow peace of mind. If you have further security questions please contact support.
- ZL6 - ZENTRA Cloud - ZENTRA How are data transmitted—radio or internet? Remote sites do not always have both.
Your data are transmitted to the ZENTRA Cloud via 3G cellular network. In the US, we use AT&T and the T-Mobile networks.
- ZL6 - ZENTRA Cloud - ZENTRA Is it possible to manually download data from the ZL6 logger?
Yes. You can download data manually from the logger using a laptop and the micro-USB cable provided with your ZL6 data logger.
- ZENTRA Cloud - ZENTRA What is the cost of ZENTRA Cloud?
The annual cost varies depending on global location. Please contact a customer service representative for a custom quote. The cost includes access to ZENTRA Cloud, your data, new features, API access if required, and the data charge from the SIM card provided by METER. You will always retain access to this purchased data, even if your season pass is not renewed. Typically, ZENTRA Cloud pays for itself with time/money saved. To see how, use the ZENTRA Cloud ROI calculator.
- ZL6 - ZENTRA How many batteries are in the ZL6?
Six rechargeable Nickle-Metal Hydride (NiMH) are included with the logger.
- ZENTRA Utility mobile - ZENTRA What version of phone OS do I need? iOS 9.0+Android 4.3+
- ZENTRA Utility mobile - ZENTRA Where can I find the App?
- ZENTRA Cloud - ZENTRA What internet browser works with ZENTRA Cloud? Chrome, Firefox, and SafariIE / Edge is not supported by ZENTRA Cloud.
- ZENTRA Cloud - EM60G - ZENTRA Is there a limit to how many can subscribe to one EM60G on ZENTRA cloud? How many can be “admins”?
There is no limit to either subscribers or administrators.
- ATMOS 41 - ZENTRA Cloud - ATMOS With a pyranometer, how quickly could you catch a problem such as a bird soiling the instrument with a service like ZENTRA?
On a sunny day, within a few hours. On a cloudy day, it might take a few days.
- ZENTRA Cloud - EM60G - ZENTRA How many times per day does the EM60G send data to the ZENTRA cloud?
The upload interval is user-selected based on need. The maximum data transmitting interval in ZENTRA is one time per hour. The minimum is one time per day.
- Em50G - ZENTRA Cloud - ZENTRA Will the Em50G be compatible with the ZENTRA platform at some point?
- ZENTRA Cloud - ZENTRA Is there a cap on the data volume on ZENTRA cloud?
No. This is only limited by the amount of data that the logger can collect, which has a minimum of every five minutes.
- ZENTRA Cloud - EM60G - ZENTRA Can I receive my data instantaneously at all times during the connected time?
The EM60G data logger can log as frequently as every five minutes and can upload those data as frequently as every fifteen minutes.
- ZENTRA Utility - ZENTRA What platform does ZENTRA Utility work on?
Zentra utility is compatible for both Windows and Mac. Both versions of the platform can be found here.
- ZENTRA Cloud - ZENTRA How can I create an account?
Go to Zentracloud.com and click on “Create Account”. Please fill out the required information.
You will get a confirmation email once the account is created. To finish account creation, the user needs to click the link in the email to verify the account. If you do not receive an email, please see the FAQ “I didn’t get an email after signing up, now what?”
- ZENTRA Cloud - ZENTRA How can I reset my password?
On the login page, click on the “Forgot Password” link.
You will be prompted to reset your password. Please note, you cannot change your password while logged into your account.
- ZENTRA Cloud - ZENTRA I didn’t get an email after signing up, now what? Check your spam folder. It may have ended up there. You will need to click the link in the email to confirm the account.If it still has not come to you, please call your METER support representative and we will be happy to help you.
- ZENTRA Cloud - ZENTRA What’s the ZENTRA Cloud hierarchy? Organization = Group (e.g., Meter Group, University, Department)Site/Farm = Large area (e.g., Farm 1 is on the East side of campus or property and Farm 2 is on the West side of campus or property)Plot/Field = Smaller precise area (e.g., Experiment 1, Experiment 2 or corn field, soybean field)Here is an example of the full setup: Department of Agronomy > Site Test 1 > Experiment 1.
- ZENTRA Cloud - ZENTRA How can I create a site and a plot? At the bottom of the main screen. You will find a button, “Add New”. After clicking on this button, you will be prompted to create a Site/Farm. Enter in the requested information and hit the “Create” button. You will repeat the same steps, but this time, you will create a Plot/Field.Once you have set up both your site and plot, you are ready to activate your logger.
- ZENTRA Cloud - ZENTRA How can I add a logger? Please note, you need to create a Site and Plot before a logger can be added.Once you have added a Site and Plot, at the bottom of the screen, click “+ Add New”. Choose “Device Subscription”You will need the serial number for the data logger (06-xxxxx), as well as the password. Both of these are found on the orange card when first setup your logger.Choose the Site/Farm and Plot/Field for where you would like the logger to be in the hierarchy, and select “Create”Important: Password is the letters with a hyphen found on the orange card included in the logger. Password cannot be changed.
- ZENTRA Cloud - ZENTRA How can I accept an invitation? To accept an invitation, you will need to create an account, if you have not done so already.After logging in, you will see an illuminated number in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Click on your email address and a drop down menu will appear, next you will need to click on the invitation number.To accept the invitation, please select the “Check Mark”. If you wish to decline the invitation, select the “X”.
- ZENTRA Cloud - ZENTRA How can I add administrators/users? To invite administrators or users into your account, go under your “Organizations”. Click on “Manage Users”. On the right hand side of your screen you will see an icon of a person with a plus sign. This is the “Add User” button. A form will pop up, please fill out the information needed to send an invitation.Please note, you should invite individuals as “Users”, unless you want someone to have the ability to a invite, change, and remove aspects of your organization.
- ZENTRA Cloud - ZENTRA What is an organization owner?
The Organization Owner is the overall owner of the account and is responsible for the device.
The Organization Owner can change permissions, can delete plots, sites, as well as delete/invite users.
Please note, there can only be one Organization Owner per organization.
- ZENTRA Cloud - ZENTRA What’s the difference between an admin and a user? Organization Owners have the most permissions followed by Administrators who have more permissions than Users.
Admins can do the following:
Users can do the following:
- Delete/invite users
- Manage the device
- Delete site/plots, as well as devices
- View/download data
- View/download data
Please see the FAQ on “What is an Organization Owner?” for more information.
- ZENTRA Cloud - ZENTRA How can I download my data? Data will download as an excel file; however, you have several options in selecting the data you want to download, including:– Download all data– Download data within specified date range– Download data since last downloadAs sensors are unplugged replaced and swapped out, the excel sheet will add new columns. The Meta data tab will show information, such as, configured device name, site name, serial number, device type, firmware/hardware version, measurement interval, location latitude/longitude, logger, time, altitude, among others.Ask your METER support representative for more information.
- ZENTRA Cloud - ZENTRA How can I change my units? Go to the top right hand corner of the screen, here you will find your “Login Information” > Click on “Measurement Settings”. From here you can change settings to and from “Imperial” and “Metric”.
- ZENTRA Cloud - ZENTRA How can I change my calibration?
Under “System Settings” > Please select “Calibration Settings”. The button on the left side “Add New Calibration” will bring up a new window to change calibration settings (as shown below).
- ZENTRA Utility - ZENTRA Cloud - ZENTRA How can I rename my logger? Go to “Manage Devices”> Under “Device Identity”> Next select a button located at the bottom, called “Edit Device Identity”.Here you can change the device hierarchy, name, and elevation. Please note, selecting the red box will remove the logger from Zentra Cloud.
- ZENTRA Cloud - ZENTRA How can I delete a plot?
Click on the “Plot Name” > Go to “Manage Devices” > Select “Delete Plot”. Please note you cannot undo this action.
- ZENTRA Cloud - ZENTRA How can I delete a site? Click on the “Plot Name” > Go to “Manage Devices” > Click on “Delete Site”. Please note, you cannot undo this action.
- ZENTRA Cloud - ZENTRA As an admin or owner, how can I delete a user?
Under “Manage Users”, choose the user you wish to remove. Click the “x” on the right side of the page.
The user will be notified that they have been removed from the site.
- ZENTRA Cloud - EM60 - EM60G - ZENTRA What cell service providers do you currently work with in North America?
We work with both AT&T and T-Mobile in the US and Canada.
- ZENTRA Cloud - ZENTRA What is the yellow number next to my logger? This is an alert for that logger. To see what the alert is for, go to Manage Devices> Device logs. Here you can filter by alerts to see what the issue is.When the logger is scheduled to communicate again, the alert may disappear if the issue was resolved, or will remain if the issue persists.