ZSC Bluetooth Sensor Interface
Your workflow just got easier
At METER, we think you should spend less time installing and troubleshooting, and more time on your research. That’s why we invented a tiny powerhouse called the ZSC.
Readings on your smartphone—yes, you heard right
During sensor installations, the ZSC lets you monitor a sensor reading as it is installed. Get real-time, wireless readings via Bluetooth on your smartphone with the push of a single button. Readout values are displayed in ZENTRA Utility Mobile to help you detect installation problems (poor sensor-to-soil contact, air pockets, rocks, etc.) before you repack the hole or trench. The ZSC is often used to spot-check soil moisture, but it can also instantaneously read any other environmental sensor. And it’s powered by only two AA alkaline batteries.
SDI-12 sensor networks using a common data line are like Christmas tree lights. One shorted sensor interferes with communications over the entire network. It’s imperative to find that sensor and get it off the data line. With the ZSC, there’s no more unplugging every sensor, hoping the network will fire up. Use it to find out exactly where problem sensors are. Plus, the ZSC allows the user to assign SDI-12 addresses to digital sensors for easier SDI-12 programming.
Less wasted time—more of what you love
If you’re planning a sensor network, plan on using the economical ZSC. It’s just one more way the ZENTRA system saves you an incredible amount of time, hassle, and expense before, during, and after installation. You’ll find this tiny tool indispensable when it comes to keeping your network running and getting you the data you need.
- Reads all analog, pulse, and digital sensors supported by the ZENTRA system
- Wirelessly pairs with any iOS or Android mobile device using Bluetooth
- ZENTRA Utility Mobile displays the current sensor reading to evaluate if the sensor is working correctly
- Helps update sensor firmware when needed
- Displays sensor metadata for METER digital sensors (firmware version, serial number, etc.)
- Change the sensor’s SDI-12 address (only applies to third-party loggers with a sensor bus)
- The ZSC is used for easy spot-checking and does not log/store data or monitor measurements over time (for data logging, see the ZL6 data logger)
California requires the following notice
⚠️ WARNING: This product may contain chemicals including ethylene glycol, lead, nickel, styrene and cadmium, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Request a quote
Please select your location
Need assistance with ZSC Bluetooth Sensor Interface?
Talk to a product expert
Contact a product expert
Direct phone: +1.509.332.5984