Legacy AQUALAB PRE Water Activity Meter
- Get Pricing
The AQUALAB PRE is a robust, entry-level water activity meter with stripped down form, not limited function. It uses the same industry-standard primary aw method you find in the top-of-the-line AQUALAB Series 4TE. The PRE may look basic, but that’s because all the good stuff is inside.
The PRE uses the dewpoint method—a primary measurement of water activity that eliminates the need for lengthy sensory calibration. Just a quick verification check and you’re good to go.
Real water activity—fast
No need to sacrifice accuracy for speed. Primary dewpoint measurement allows the PRE to deliver top-accuracy readings in 5 minutes or less.
The PRE holds the sample at 25 °C.
Temperature fluctuations won’t affect your readings
Water activity is temperature dependent; measuring at the same temperature every time assures consistency in your readings.
The PRE’s dewpoint method and temperature-stable features mean good agreement between the PRE and the Series 4. Its basic 0.01 aw accuracy enables many of our customers to add water activity testing at the line, loading dock, or offsite facility.
The PRE includes METER’s trademark free technical support—food scientists and instrument specialists just a phone call away.
The PRE lets you measure over the whole range of water activities, 0.05 to 1.00 aw.
- Sensor type: a. Chilled-mirror dewpoint b. infrared temperature
- Water activity accuracy: ±0.01 aw
- Water activity resolution: Chilled Mirror: ±0.0001 aw
- Water activity range: 0.05 to 1.000 aw
- Sample temperature accuracy: ±0.2 °C
- Sample dish capacity: 7 ml recommended (15 ml full)
- Measurement time: Less than 5 minutes
- Display: 20 x 2 alphanumeric display with backlighting
- Case dimensions: 6.6 x 10.7 x 2.0 cm (2.60 x 4.21 x 0.79 in)
- Data interface: RS232A compatible, 8-data bit ASCII code, 9600 baud, no parity, 1 stop bit
- Case material: Powder painted aluminum
- Case dimensions: 24.1 x 22.9 x 8.9 cm
- Weight: 3.2 kg
- Universal power: 110 V to 220 V AC, 50/60 Hz. Less than 0.4 amps
- Operating environment: 4 to 50 °C; 0 to 90% relative humidity (non-condensing)
- Certifications: CE; CE; AOAC Approved method for measurement of aw
- Warranty: One year, parts and labor
- Manuals and software