Cannabis processors have a tight moisture target to hit when drying. Too dry, and you destroy trichomes and profits. Too wet, and you get mold, sick customers, and a damaged reputation.
How do you get the precision you need to hit the sweet spot? And how do you package to make sure you stay there?
Water activity/RH works in tandem with moisture content to transform the way you monitor and control moisture during drying, packaging and storage. Result: a level of control over your process that allows you to consistently hit the sweet spot that maximizes profit and guarantees safety and quality.
In this 30 minute webinar, you’ll learn:
- what water activity is and why it’s an essential measurement for cannabis processors
- what you need to know about how water activity predicts microbial growth
- how to use specific water activity limits to maximize quality and minimize destruction of terpenes
- why you should control water activity in the drying process to maximize profitability, control potency, and guarantee safety
- how to prevent over-drying and excessive weight loss in the drying, curing, packaging, and storage phases
Brian Rice, Director of R&D at Boveda, and John Russell, METER Food Application Support Specialist, will co-present. The webinar will be followed by a 10 minute live Q&A with the presenters.