In addition to the standard dew point sensor, the Series 4TEV has a hygroscopic polymer capacitance sensor that can be used to measure the water activity of samples containing volatiles. You can switch between sensors using the instrument menu. The capacitance sensor is less accurate (± 0.015 aw) than the dew point sensor (± 0.003 aw).
For samples containing volatiles: 4TEV and AQUALAB TDL
The Series 4TEV is best for customers who occasionally need to measure samples that contain volatile ingredients in low concentrations. If the product itself is volatile (soy sauce, alcohols, flavorings, black tea) or contains a high concentration of volatiles (flavored teas, sauces and seasonings), the laser sensor in the AQUALAB TDL is a better option.
- Fast: water activity readings in 5 minutes or less
- Switch easily between volatiles and non-volatiles sensors
- Volatiles sensor accuracy: ± 0.015 aw
- Non-volatiles sensor accuracy: ±0.003 aw
- Verifiable with independent salt standards
- Repeatable: different users, different locations, same result
- Portable: the meter weighs just 7 pounds
- Easy to use: precise measurements with minimal training
- Secure: offers administrative control over calibration and sample data
Range: 0.030–1.000 aw
Range: 15-50 °C
Length: 26.7 cm (10.5 in)
POLYLAC PA-765 (ABS) with fire retardant
|Sample cup capacity|
14 mL (0.47 fl oz)
3.1 kg (6.8 lb)
64 × 128 graphical
Minimum: 4 °C
|Sample dish capacity|
7.5 mL recommended (15 mL full)
USB A and RS-232 serial
Manufactured under ISO 9001:2015
California requires the following notice:
⚠️ WARNING: This product may contain chemicals including ethylene glycol, lead, nickel, styrene and cadmium, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Have a question or problem? Our support team can help.
We manufacture, test, calibrate, and repair every instrument in house. Our scientists and technicians use the instruments every day in our product testing lab. No matter what your question is, we have someone who can help you answer it.